Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Watch Trailer Now > Trailer - Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is a 2014 American science fiction film directed by Matt Reeves and starring Andy Serkis, Gary Oldman, Jason Clarke, and Keri Russell. It is the sequel to the 2011 film Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which began 20th Century Fox's reboot of the original Planet of the Apes series. It is the eighth film in the franchise.
A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.
- Jason Clarke as Malcolm, a survivor of the ALZ-113 virus who, along with a small group of other survivors, forms a strong bond with the apes and Caesar.
- Gary Oldman as Dreyfus, the leader of the surviving humans who wants to kill all the apes and get "revenge" for the deaths of his wife and two sons from the virus.
- Keri Russell as Ellie, Malcolm's second wife.
- Kodi Smit-McPhee as Alexander, Malcolm's teenage son
- Jocko Sims as Werner
- Kirk Acevedo as Carver
- Kevin Rankin as McVeigh
- Keir O'Donnell as Finney
- J. D. Evermore as Sniper
Additionally, James Franco, who played Dr. Will Rodman in Rise, is seen in a "posthumous cameo via video".
- Andy Serkis as Caesar
- Judy Greer as Cornelia, Caesar's wife.
- Terry Notary as Rocket, Caesar's right hand ape.
- Karin Konoval as Maurice, Caesar's lieutenant.
- Toby Kebbell as Koba, a ruthless ape who believes Caesar is too affectionate towards humans.
- Doc Shaw as Ash, Rocket's teenage son.
- Nick Thurston as River, Caesar and Cornelia's teenage son.